- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Materials planning
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 09 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59412
Title: Operational Material Planning Analyst - 37414
Contract Position based at: Minworth, Sutton Coldfield
Rate: up to £24.02/hr Ltd (c£18.57/hr PAYE option)
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will have responsibility of materials procurement within the EML Global Pack-shop. The Release and Follow Up Department manages parts portfolio and associated Supply Base to ensure parts are available to meet build requirements within Operational F.T.T. / Inventory and Budget targets.
You will be responsible for tuning base scheduling data to support our business requirements, and optimising scheduling parameters. Using your highly developed planning skills, you will look after the procurement of pre and volume requirements and run-out parts and monitor the delivery of parts in line with schedule parameters.
This is mission-critical work, and will also involve the control of stockholding levels, the generation of supply performance measures, the maintenance of all future requirements, and the management of obsolete material.
- Review schedules and ensure they are issued to Suppliers on a timely basis and follow up scheduling data to effectively support current Business requirements.
- Optimisation of scheduling parameters within Material Planning Systems.
- Check integrity of schedules and ensure frequency of issue supports Supply Base and Business requirements.
- Responsibility for procurement of Pre & volume requirements and run-out parts, including management of New Parts for Model Year and Running Change requirements.
- Procurement of parts to support Resupply / any other Special requirements.
- Monitor / Control and Reporting of parts delivery in line with Schedule parameters - Time / Qty.
- Generate and issue Supply Performance Measures and interface with Suppliers to facilitate performance improvement.
- Where necessary carry out / request stock checks to validate stock accuracy and make inventory adjustments to support results.
- Examine forthcoming requirements and supply status and liaise with Supply Base to maintain future needs. As appropriate escalate throughout organisation at all levels.
- Responsible for management and disposal of obsolete material via returns to UK Plants and/or Scrap Process.
- Support & manage premium freight process and budget.
- Support & manage processes for Lead Logistics Provide, ASN's etc.
- Liaise as required with Suppliers / LLP and Container Team to ensure correct container flows are maintained.
- As required initiate and manage internally, cross functional meetings with supply base and other JLR functions (STA / Purchasing etc.) representatives to discuss and improve performance utilising supply development tools, SPEEDY etc.
- In periods of Absence, provide cover for other Planners and/or Team duties.
- Assist in departmental training as required, identifying shortfalls where relevant.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to move rapidly from problem identification to resolution.
- Organised, collaborative, resilient and ability to deliver in a time-sensitive process environment
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing competing priorities to achieve deadlines, and deliver operational plans in a complex, high demanding environment.
- A solid communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with and manage key stakeholders to influence cross functional engagement.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to be effective when dealing with different markets / cultures / functions / levels.
- IT and Business Process knowledge - Compliance with standard policies and procedures.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
- ERP Systems knowledge and experience including CMMS3 & SAP.
- Experience of managing external suppliers and constructively challenging and driving them to improve performance.
- Strong track record of successful Stakeholder Management.
- Enthusiastic in identifying business improvements and/or opportunities.
Relevant Degree / Academic background preferred.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.