Our client is looking to recruit a Office Sales Manager to join the team on a 12 month contract starting end of July/Aug - (Mat Leave).
This role is based in Northampton working for a German owned company, heading a small team within a niche industrial market, previous experience within a similar sector would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for the day to day management reporting directly to the Managing Director. You will offer a consultative sales approach to new and existing customers in order to deliver excellent customer service and sales growth. Due to the role being part of a small team you will need to be involved and prepared to assist when necessary - this could include purchasing, HR and other general office duties.
The objectives for the Office Sales Manager:
- Identify and develop relationships to grow opportunities and new business with prospective and existing customers.
- Ensure that sales value and gross margin targets and met and exceeded
- Monthly/daily sales and project reporting
- Generate prices and quotations when required, follow up potential sales leads and quotations
- Handling and processing orders/schedules, inform customers of changes and potential delays
- Data management, maintain customer details, part numbers and pricing
- Experience in Sage Accounts beneficial
- Support budget and planning
- Update product volume forecast - manage stock holdings
- Setting objectives and targets, encouraging colleagues to achieve their full potential
- Occasional visits to UK customers, representing the company in a positive manner offering customer service support
- Regular contact with the head office in Germany
- General office work - staff movements, inbound/outbound post, answering phones, dealing with queries
- Have proven sales experience in a similar industry
- A natural new business hunter with a proactive nature, who can build long term relationships with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective relationships with customers and colleagues
- Self-motivated individual who can work well independently and also as part of a wider team
- Computer literate and confident in MS Outlook, Excel and Word, knowledge of Sage Accounts
- Experience of managing a team
This is an excellent opportunity for any sales/office manager. In return for your experience, this Northampton based company will offer you an hourly limited contractor rate of up to £20p/h working full time hours. In addition to this attractive salary you will be on the company bonus scheme and work within a nice working environment.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have the skills and experience for this role and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Emma Evans at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446187.