£40k - 45k per year + Range of very competitive benefits
about 1 month ago
Job title: Obsolescence Management Consultant
Salary Range: £40-£45k + Range of benefits
Location: Can be based at either Bath, Plymouth, Fareham, Glasgow or Weymouth. There is an option for flexible working and working from home. You will also be required to visit clients on site regularly.
The role of Engineering Consultant (Obsolescence Management) forms part of the Asset Performance Services (APS) Business Line, supporting BMT Defence and Security UK in meeting client’s needs and requirements for Obsolescence Management planning and activity on Air, Land, and Maritime Systems and Equipment across Defence and non-Defence markets.
The main responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- To deliver and support obsolescence management tasks
- To build trusting relationships with customers to promote our clients capability and help establish routes towards future business opportunities
- To work with customers to understand their needs, and to tailor services to deliver real value to them
- To work with the DAS UK Obsolescence Capability Manager to further develop, sell and deliver a strategic approach to obsolescence for existing and new customers; • To develop strategies, processes, and good practices to thoughtfully challenge ways of working in and attitudes towards OM
- To promote DAS UK’s OM capabilities within DAS UK and with customers.
- Reporting to a Business Unit Lead or designated alternative, the Consultant will work with delivery teams including peers and project managers to meet the expectations of the role as directed. There will be a requirement to liaise and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to carry out the duties of the role.
As a Obsolescence Management Consultant, you should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (or equivalent), from a recognised institute or university
- Be a member of an appropriate professional body, and be proactive in managing their own professional CPD
- Solid and demonstrable track record of risk assessment and analytical techniques, within Obsolescence Management
- Conversant and have a working knowledge of applicable standards, including DEF STAN 00-600, JSP 886 (replaced by DLF), BS EN 62402:2007
- Knowledge of equipment design, operations and support, risk management and analysis techniques.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience working in a role with obsolescence management responsibilities and has experience within the defence industry.
This company has one of the best benefits packages on the markets and in return for your commitment, will offer you the following:
- Competitive base salary of up to £45k
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye test and glasses contribution vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab voucher
- Flexible working and options to work from home
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays
- Holiday trading options up to 10 days per year
- My benefit discount- online discount portal for shopping
- Wellbeing fund- £250 per year voucher to use towards a hobby or interest that promotes physical or mental wellbeing.
- Very competitive pension scheme along with profession pension advice
- Salary and performance reviews
- + MORE (full brochure sent upon application)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this Obsolescence Management role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.