- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58838
OBD II Calibration and Emissions Engineer - 37217
Contract Position based at: Whitley, Gaydon, Ansty Park
Rate: - up to £27.97 Ltd (which equals £21.89/hr PAYE rate)
An experienced OBD II Calibration Engineer is required to join an established team working on current and future applications and technologies. The role involves Vehicle & Chassis Dyno based On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Calibration and Sign-off for Legal Compliance. Delivering OBD II market requirements and Compliance for Europe, North America, South Korea and China.
- OBD II Work-packages require expertise in Aftertreatment Airpath, Fuel Path, Thermal Combustion Emissions Analysis
- Delivering DDV and self-certification data for authorities, including coordination of emissions tests on chassis dyno.
- Investigating all launch robustness issues relating to OBD.
- OBD II Calibration and Controls
- Data analysis of engine management and emissions data
- Tailpipe emission test
- Able to demonstrate professionalism, diligence and a focus on technical delivery in a calibration team environment.
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in a calibration and controls team in an OBD II calibration function.
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex OBD, combustion or emissions calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, Concerto and CRETA.
- Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
- Fundamental understanding of combustion engine and aftertreatment operation (Gasoline and Diesel) and control theory required
- Experience applying control theory preferred.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable.
- Interpretation and specification of emissions data.
Education Required: Degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering subject, e.g. Mechanical Engineering
Education Preferred: Master of Science or PhD qualification preferred
Additional Information - INSIDE IR35
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.