NX CAD Engineer - BIW
A NX CAD Engineer is required with knowledge of automotive/R & D processes.
- The applicant will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the realisation of BIW component design & package of all aspects of BIW components of current and future vehicle platforms in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs.
- This role also requires some level of project engineering responsibility.
Our client an automotive OEM based in Cranfield requires a NX CAD Engineer with NX and Teamcenter experience for a new contract role.
As a NX CAD Engineer you will be required to:
- Management of created CAD into Teamcentre ensuring all model attributes are completed.
- Preparation of engineering release packs.
- Work under the direction of lead project engineer on a day to day basis.
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings for engineering release where applicable.
- Support and/or investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase.
- Support cost down activities on current production vehicles.
The NX CAD Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to HNC or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
- Experienced NX user including complex surfacing, preferred (other software will require training and clawback)
- Experience using Teamcentre.
- Knowledge of BIW components.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing and tooling requirements.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
If you have any questions about the NX CAD Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship