NX CAD Engineer - R00023371
A NX CAD Engineer is required with knowledge of interior/exterior trim components
This company based in Cranfield requires a NX CAD Engineer with a working knowledge of component manufacturing and tooling requirements for a new contract role. As a NX CAD Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- CAD design and modelling of interior/exterior trim components.
- Management of created CAD into Teamcentre ensuring all model attributes are completed.
- Preparation of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of lead project engineer on a day to day basis.
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings for engineering release where applicable.
- Support and/or investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase
- Support cost down activities on current production vehicles.
- To understand and operate within the Health and Safety rules.
The NX CAD Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to HNC or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design
- Experienced NX user including complex surfacing, preferred (other software will require training and clawback)
- Experience using Teamcentre
- Knowledge of interior/exterior trim components.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing and tooling requirements.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Ability to work well within a team environment is essential
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.
- Valid UK/European driving licence is MUST
If you have any questions about the NX CAD Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship