Job title: NVH Test Engineer
Salary Range: £25 to £32 per hour LTD
Industry: Diesel Engines
An NVH Test Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £32.00 Ltd Co per hour.
Key Responsibilities of the NVH Test Engineer
- The successful candidate will work on engine related Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) projects, typically ranging from short duration individual tests to projects up to three months.
- Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures is critical.
- Basic engineering fundamentals of engines and machines, knowledge of instrumentation for data acquisition, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills. You will be performing test work in the lab, engine test cell or on the final machine installation.
- Problem investigation and resolution; evaluate new products/designs, processes, or systems; communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers.
Qualifications and Experience required for the NVH Test Engineer role.
- Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering discipline plus experience or a master's degree in Engineering.
- It would be preferable for the individual to be experienced in the full breadth of NVH competencies. However, a suitable person may be considered with the following essential skills; knowledge and experience of vibration theory, equipment calibration, data capture, verification of data integrity, analysis of data in both time and frequency domain.
- Also requires excellent analytical skills and lateral thinking. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for details.