An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Test/Development Engineer to work on engine related Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) projects, typically ranging from short duration individual tests to projects up to three months. Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures is critical. The role is based in our Europe Research & Development Centre at the Business Park, Peterborough, UK.
Key Responsibilities include:
- The Engineer may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited to, basic engineering fundamentals, engine sub systems, installation best practices of engines in machines, noise and vibration evaluation and sound quality.
- Training will be provided to develop the knowledge of noise and vibration theory, equipment calibration, data capture, verification of data integrity, analysis of data in both time and frequency domain.
- The Engineer could be performing test work in the lab, engine test cell, on the final machine installation on the Peterborough site or in the field.
- You will coordinate closely with an internal project lead within the department, managing a range of current test requests and reporting back on test status and completion.
- The role is practical in nature and has a significant involvement of the engineer being responsible for test cell and workshop activities.
- Individuals may have multiple assignments which may require the Engineer to review the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organisation and work with another unit or team.
- Assignments could be complex in nature and require the Engineer to assume a significant role, either as an individual contributor or as part of a project team, with increasing emphasis on analysing, identifying and applying engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
- Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following: problem investigation and resolution; evaluate new products/designs, processes or systems; communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members and other business units; collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers.
- You will collaborate closely with technicians, engineers and other process partners.
- Identification, analysis, and resolution of issues - clear communication with process partners.
- Effective communication of technical information including analysis, conclusions and recommendations. Formally documented in technical reports / sign-off packs as appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous Engineering experience is essential, ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
- It would be preferable for the individual to be experienced with specific NVH competencies, however this is not essential so long as engineering principles are understood and can be demonstrated.
- A suitable person will be considered with a combination of the following skills; practical engineering understanding, data analysis, project management, report writing and presentation skills.
- Also requires excellent analytical skills and lateral thinking. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
- The role may involve some travel to other facilities or customer sites, this may constitute up to 20% of the role.
- Will possess good team working, project management, organisational skills
- Applicants will ideally hold an Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.