£25.00 - £31.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Job Title: NVH Engineer
Contract length: 12 months
The successful candidate will work on engine related Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) projects, typically ranging from short duration individual tests to projects up to three months. Ability to gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships, and predict and manage failures is critical.
As NVH Engineer, you may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree (or equivalent experience), including, but not limited to, basic engineering fundamentals of engines and machines, knowledge of instrumentation for data acquisition, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills. You could be performing test work in the lab, engine test cell or on the final machine installation. You will coordinate closely with an internal project lead within the department, managing a range of current test requests and reporting back on test status and completion.
The role is practical in nature and has a significant involvement in test cell and workshop activities.
Individuals may have multiple assignments which may require the Engineer to review the work of technicians or other support personnel, provide technical advice to individuals at various levels in the organisation and work with another unit or team. Assignments could be complex in nature and require the Engineer to assume a significant role, either as an individual contributor or as part of a project team, with increasing emphasis on analysing, identifying and applying engineering techniques to solve problems and make recommendations.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
- Problem investigation and resolution;
- Evaluate new products/designs, processes or systems;
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members and other business units;
- Collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers and suppliers.
- A bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering discipline plus 3-5 years' experience or a master's degree in Engineering. Applicants may be considered without a degree but must be able to justify knowledge and competence with relevant experience.
- Experience with specific NVH competencies, however this is not essential so long as engineering principles are understood and can be demonstrated.
- Practical engineering understanding, knowledge and experience of vibration theory, equipment calibration, data capture, verification of data integrity, analysis of data in both time and frequency domain.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.