Job title: NPI Quality Engineer
Salary Range: £30.00 to £35.00 per hour
An NPI Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of APQP and PPAP. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
This Tier 1 Automotive company based in Shrewsbury requires an experienced Quality Engineer with a hands on approach to problem solving for a new 12 month contract.
As an NPI Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- Track timing with suppliers and report to Project Manager
- Validate and buy-off Gauge / Checking fixture
- Produce Gauge Instruction Sheets
- Assist Tooling engineers with dimensional analysis for part maturation and buy-off of tooling/product
- Attend build events and buy-off events at suppliers
- Liaise with Plant Quality for CMM
- Set up of measurement activities in Plant - GRR, ISIR, CAP studies and metal thinning reports.
- Analysis of measurement reports and feedback to Project Management and Tooling Engineers
- Develop Measurement Strategy in line with Customer Specifics
- Ensure Customer SC's and CC's are incorporated into PFMEA, Control Plans, shop floor documentation
- Develop PPAP file in line with NPI Toll gates and report progress
- Gain Plant sign off for PPAP documentation prior to customer review
- Work within the companies framework - APQP and Business specific requirements;
- SPDP - CPMP (SAEP and STEP) (APQP)
- PPAP Track
- Tapestry systems
The NPI Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of Panel checking fixtures, CMM Capabilities, gauges used in BIW Measurement
- Knowledge and experience of using project management tools.
- Familiarisation with various PC Microsoft based software
- Understanding of Customer Product Quality expectations - CSR
- GD&T interpretation capability
- Communication with working team
- Problem resolution and escalation
- Willingness to travel long distance and to work abroad during build events when required
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of BIW Engineering or pressing experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Shrewsbury based Automotive company will offer you £30.00 to £35.00 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience in Project or Plant Quality and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the NPI Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446147