A Technical Issues Leader is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long-term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £30.00 Ltd Co per hour.
The Technical Issues Leader is responsible for supporting ongoing NPI programs and the development of diesel engines.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Review of newly identified issues to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to resolution projects
- Triage of issues to identify product risk, and potential impact to customers
- Maintenance of project plans and timelines
- Provide reporting and leadership to issue owners, and ensure that actions are taken in a timely manner
- Provide coaching in risk identification and root cause analysis techniques (FMEA, 8D, DMAIC, Ishikawa, Fault Tree Analysis)
- Communicate progress to project managers and provide reports & updates to customers
- Manage processes for the management of issues and identification of lessons learnt for use on future programs
- Previous experience of resolving technical issues is essential, ideally gained working on Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engines.
- Knowledge of diesel engines, earthmoving machinery, construction equipment, or generating sets
- Detailed experience in a suitable product design and development environment.
- Detailed knowledge of 6 Sigma, 8D or similar root cause analysis
Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Proven ability to build strategic working relationships, understand business constraints and context, and resolve conflict through compromise and consensus building.
- Experience of leading engineering projects, and delivering through small teams
- Self-directed and capable of handling and prioritising multiple projects.
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use Excel to intermediate standard or higher.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment - our client is looking to interview ASAP!