NPI Project Engineer
Can you offer proven experience of leading projects within a low to medium volume automotive machining environment?
Are you HNC or Degree qualified in an Engineering biased subject?
Are you a confident man manager who is comfortable taking budgetary control?
In addition to supporting continuous improvement activities with the production cells, the purpose of the role is to ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained through the control and implementation of new projects to agreed engineering standards and processes. The successful NPI Project Engineer will engineer and administer the New Project Introduction (NPI) process to ensure a successful outcome - working within a cross-functional team responsible for the total life cycle of manufacturing projects.
Key responsibilities for this role will include;
- Supporting Quotation Process by coordinating and, where required, generating appropriate manufacturing schemes, including tooling packages, defining appropriate fixturing and special equipment as required
- Supporting the commercial team in the acquisition of new business with information, planning and timing estimations
- To create and maintain the Project Plan(s) for each project
- To ensure the Project Gateway process is utilised, facilitating Gateway meetings as appropriate
- To create and maintain the Critical Concern and Action Report(s) CCAR(s) for each project
- To drive action from the teams and individual engineers in support of the Project Plans and CCARs
- To resolve daily project issues and concerns where practicable
- To escalate any unresolved actions to the appropriate level of management in a prompt and constructive manner
- To provide mandated, periodic and occasional reports to the business, in the various prescribed formats as requested
- To ensure that all appropriate project documentation (e.g. Process Sheets, FMEA, Process Flow, MSA and PPAP) is completed by the appropriate functions in support of the project delivery
- To present, at various levels internally and externally, key project aspects as required in support of the project deliverables
- To ensure that the project deliverables are delivered on time and to budget as far as is reasonably practicable
- To provide process restructuring planning and support if required
- To lead, co-ordinated or participate in problem solving activities using approved tools and techniques
- To work in an IATF16949 environment, upholding the ethics of the company's quality standards
- To travel both in the UK & abroad for supplier/customer visits as required
- To have working knowledge of the legislative requirements of Health & Safety, Environmental and Risk Assessment
- To perform any other duties reasonably required to achieve departmental and/or Company objectives as deemed appropriate by the Manager / Director responsible
A Six Sigma Green Belt is seen as highly desirable for this NPI Project Engineer role, as is full IT literacy and a good understanding of APQP, FMEA and PPAP utilisation.
If keen to learn more about this role please don't hesitate to contact Grant Nisbet on firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.