NPD product manager / project manager - vehicle conversions - Ansty, Warks
This client is situated in a beautiful self contained rural croft. It is a one-site SME, with an owner manager and a small friendly team who are experienced growth following the launch of a new product range. The company designs, manufactures and installs telescopic lighting/signage masts for vehicle roof tops. These are used by airports, security, civil engineering etc
What you will do:
Following NPD, new enquiries are coming in from a variety of new sources seeking adaptation and new applications for its telescopic mast product. The NPD product manager / project manager will be responsible for co-coordinating all activity and be responsible for delivery from customer enquiry through to delivery. This includes engineering, commercial and logistic. Specifically you will
- introduce a more effective and structured approach to project management. Create project plans including costs, resources, risk management, contingency, timing etc.
- work with client to understand their requirements and convert this into a scope of work/deliverable
- work with subcontract suppliers and internal engineering teams to arrive at an engineering solution.
- perform costing, timing studies and respond to customer RFQ
- work with engineering teams internally and externally on the mechanical engineering and mechatronics of this product.
- you will also work closely with purchasing, manufacturing, design, logistic to ensure product is manufactured and delivered in a way that satisfies customer expectations
What you will need:
- Experience equivalent to around 10 years project managing a mechatronic/structural assembly - eg external signage, lighting, yellow goods vehicles, turbine etc
- Mechanical/mechatronics degree or equivalent
- Demonstrate a consistent track record of project delivery in your industry
- Able to manipulate CAD geometry and/or use CAD for geometry creation
- Driving license and eligibility to work in UK unfettered
- Personality to get things done is a small company in a collaborative fashion
What you will get
- promotional prospects in this role are excellent; this role could be expanded and depending on the person and contribution, could involve future equity
- salary commensurate with experience
- beautiful self contained rural premises
Please apply with current CV and details of package and notice. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further information prior to submission. However should you need further information, please contact or 01384 397555