NPD Project Leader
Industry/ Sector: Engineering/Manufacturing
A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located in Cambridge with a strong and leading reputation in their field, supplying most of the world's leading OEM's.
Our Client is looking for a NPD Project Leader who will be able to lead and manage projects enabling them to develop new technologies, processes and products to serve clients' needs in the future. The role is very much a hands-on role and requires excellent communication, commercial awareness and very strong project management skills.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working closely with the Director of Engineering & Operations and Product Management you will be responsible for managing new product development and product improvement projects. The role is suited to a candidate with experience & understanding of precision manufacturing and qualification approval criteria
As a NPD Project Leader you will be required to:
- Complete a full completion review of all projects by analysing project costs and profitability through return on investment, improved margin or revenue
- Champion and suggest improvements to our project delivery processes for NPD
- Set, manage and prioritise project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet targets
- Be responsible for full project resource planning
- Manage designs, tooling and machinery drawings/designs and ensure these are properly completed to the appropriate standard
- Ensure all projects meet quality and health and safety standards
The NPD Project Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Proven experience as a project manager with a recognised engineering qualification
- Conscientious, responsible, pro-active and assertive
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Proficient in project justification and ROI
- A keen eye for detail and results driven approach
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of project management and new product development and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the NPD Project Leader role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .