£35k - 40k per year + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Our client is a manufacture of FMCG packaging and are looking for an NPD Engineer to manage new product projects. The NPD Engineer will play a key role in the implementation of NPD working in conjunction with Design, Technical and Tooling departments. You will have a strong knowledge of injection moulding, preferably within packaging.
The NPD Engineer duties will include:
- Ensure new concepts can be manufactured cost effectively with minimal life-time cost through 3D designs / concepts / models, design presentations and Engineering drawings.
- Support the Sales and Commercial Team in technical discussions with customers.
- Prepare technical specifications for both Tool Design and Production.
- Ensure all critical performance characteristics have been identified and agreed with the customer prior to a project start up.
- Ensure the customer signs to confirm specification and part drawings before tooling is commissioned.
- Manage tool makers cost and timetable to within budget an on time.
- Carefully monitor and control external tool making costs.
- Ensure that mould designs meet our standard requirements and specification.
- Audit and validate potential new tool making suppliers
- Validate and sign GA drawings in conjunction with the broader technical team.
The NPD Engineer will have:
- Experience of managing NPD in an FMCG/packaging environment.
- Have a good technical knowledge of injection moulding.
- Ability to manage costs/budget control experience.
To apply, please forward your up to date CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.