Job title: NPD Application Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive (inside IR35)
Hours: 37.5-hour week
12 month rolling contract working for a worldwide manufacturer of leather products supplying recycled leather to multiple industries ranging from transport to footwear, across more than 50 countries.
An NPD Application Engineer is required with knowledge of leading initial design of appropriate materials within automotive NPD projects, customer liaison through technical communication, understanding of the VOC, Industry/Automotive knowledge of material testing requirements both physical and VIAQ.
Candidates with knowledge of seat builds, lamination or perforation lines, knowledge of Colour and Gloss specific customer requirements would be well received.
Due to expansion this Peterborough based client requires a dynamic, leading NPD Application Engineer on 12 month rolling basis. As an NPD Application Engineer, you will be required to:
- Meet companies SHE standards
- Lead the initial design of appropriate materials within automotive NPD projects
- Understand and analyse industry trends to inform future developments
- Liaise with suppliers of outsourced processes
- Liaise with customers on companies product usage within customer designs, resolving potential issues/barriers for use
- Own product specification and write go to market packages
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and test-houses to deliver development activities.
- Expand company product range to incorporate new grains and colours
- Meet companies Quality and SHE policies and targets in day-to- day activities
- Adhere to companies Environmental, Health & Safety, & Quality processes to uphold QMS accreditations.
The NPD Application Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Customer liaison through technical communication, with understanding of the VOC
- Industry/Automotive knowledge of material testing requirements both physical and VIAQ
- Data analysis of testing results, leading to development of a go to market package
- Presentation skills
- Key Account management, dealing with customer complaints
- Previous experience of working in TS environment
- Eye for Detail of what is important to customer
- Able to manage projects and be an effective contributor to multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of competitor analysis Desirable:
- Experience of customer specific Upholsterabilty requirements
- Knowledge of different Seat builds
- Experience on a Lamination or perforation line
- Knowledge of Colour and Gloss specific customer requirements
- Industrial working group background
- Customer focussed – prompt and appropriate multi-level and cross functional communication with internal stakeholders and suppliers, developing professional relationships
- Leadership – leading by example to manage projects cross functionally
- Quality systems and management – clear understanding of the requirements and needs of standards and customers
- Technical understanding – able to work within a technical, customer and regulatory environment dealing with varying complexity level issues
- Flexibility and resilience – able to deal with varying levels of work and demand within the needs of the business
- Team working – cooperate and collaborate effectively across departments and functions
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Automotive, Rail or Aerospace seating applications. In return for your experience, this Peterborough based manufacturer will offer you:
- 12 month rolling contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- Very Competitive Salary plus overtime
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Automotive, Rail or Aerospace seating applications within the manufacturing field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the NPD Application Engineer role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.