Title: Non Production Buyer
Contract Position based at: Whitley
A Buyer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Coventry. This is a contract position until at least end of March 2020. The Non-Production Purchasing (NPP) Capital Equipment team procures all JLR's global manufacturing and testing facilities including Trim & Final Assembly, Paint, Body in White, Engines, Electric Propulsion and Product Validation.
The team's role is integral to JLR's core businesses, being closely linked to the company's direct manufacturing and test operations and JLR`s vehicle cycle plan
This specific role will be procuring capital equipment across all JLR facilities taking responsibility for sourcing, contract management and supplier relationship management. The role requires a high level of interaction with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. The successful candidate will need to be a flexible team player with good organisation, communication and negotiation skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the application of the applicable category plans to specific sourcing requirements including supplier selection and go to market approach in line with policy.
- Delivering sourcing in line with policy and to agreed targets, through Global Sourcing Process and deploying Total Cost of Ownership approach were applicable.
- Ensuring sufficient capacity at nomination and managing strategic capacity changes.
- Leading supplier sourcing negotiations and contracting, including legal and financial approval.
- Supporting cost events to ensure programme target alignment.
- Ensuring supplier quotations and costs are accurate and documented.
- Maximising Purchasing influence and ensure alignment with Purchasing processes and policy.
- Providing supplier and supply chain risk management for assigned categories.
- Undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
Key Performance Indicators
- Measurable indicators that will be used to demonstrate how this role will deliver against the accountabilities.
- Early Sourcing
- Work Plan management
- New model/project cost target achievement at sourcing
- Contribute to the management, planning and delivery of the annual value added savings
- Supplier performance management and relationship management
- Global Sourcing
- Process performance metrics
- Management of contractual change and suppliers throughout the duration of the projects
- An individual who is a team player, results driven, demonstrates flexibility, drive and perseverance to meet demanding work commitments Ability to work with minimal supervision, process driven, be organised and focused on attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness, business acumen, negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with external suppliers. Good stakeholder management and relationship management skills and experience.
Needs to have some commercial experience
Experience of a large company environment
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.