Walsall, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
Position: Non-Production Buyer
An ambitious Non-Production Buyer is required by a global leading manufacturer to co-ordinate the indirect procurement activity within one of its UK manufacturing facilities. As Non Production Buyer, you will be responsible for the day to day management of suppliers taking commercially sound actions as necessary to achieve Group/Plant KPI's and savings.
- Manage all indirect purchasing activities within the plant in line with Group purchasing policies
- Sourcing of services/components by the raising of RFQ's on existing and/or new suppliers in conjunction with stakeholder specification.
- Receiving of all quotations relating to non production requirements, analysis of quotations, negotiating with suppliers and advising the stakeholder on commercial recommendations.
- Raising purchase orders thorough the plants ERP system.
- Comply with KPI's, Targets and Objectives i.e. cost reduction, cost avoidance, CIS, supplier reduction, payment terms, automated orders etc.
- Preparation for contracts, sourcing committees and internal audits in conjunction with UK Group, or Commodity, Managers.
- Work to develop local commodity strategy in relation to existing/new suppliers and synergies in agreement with other/all UK plants.
- Represent the Purchasing department at meetings both internal and external as required.
- Ensure that services/components are covered 100% by a purchase order/agreement prior to delivery/commencement.
- CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Good technical understanding, at least 3 years' non production purchasing experience within a fast moving manufacturing / engineering environment.
This is a good opportunity for a non-production or indirect buyer looking to develop their procurement career within a dynamic, global manufacturing organisation. Currently shortlisting, please contact me as soon as possible.