Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
New Product Development Buyer
£30,000 - £40,000
A New Product Development Procurement Specialist is required by one of Britain's most established and successful manufacturing organisations.
A market leader, the UK's largest manufacturer of holiday homes and lodges, remains at the forefront of this competitive sector. With a strategy to constantly improve both practices and products, we are seeking a Buyer who will ensure the effective coordination of New Production Development (NPD) procurement activity in conjunction with all externally sourced raw materials. To constantly review and manage the introduction and development of new products within the business.
- Act as Supply Chain single point of contact with Technical and Design Teams in terms of NPD
- Build strong internal relationships with other key departments and adopt a collaborative team approach.
- Manage the distribution of design specification documents into the Supply chain.
- Source and approve potential new suppliers prior to implementing into the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve best value product proposition whilst driving out any supply risks to the business.
- To be the primary contact with suppliers and manage all communications relating to new products.
- Measure and maintain NPD Procurement activities against pre-determined Key Performance Indicators.
- Identify risks to NPD project execution - manage critical path activities.
- Prepare detailed project summaries and present to key senior stakeholders as required.
- Integrate and work closely with Supplier Quality Assurance engineers assisting in the completion of the Initial Sample Inspection Report process.
- Manage the ordering and delivery of samples for the Design and NPD process.
- Drive and control the handover process to Material Planning and Production highlighting new suppliers and products and 'at risk' items.
- Actively involved in the development of NPD processes and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the role.
- CIPS part qualified - desirable
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Minimum 3 years' experience within an NPD Procurement role
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- To be aware and actively promote and implement team working ethos, culture and values
In return for your procurement skills and new product development experience, you will be offered a competitive salary (dependent on experience) and opportunity to work with a successful and established business. Interested? Please contact or call directly 01384 446162.