Position - New Product Manager
Location - Manchester
Salary - Negotiable depending on relevant skills & experience
Main purpose of job:
Product Management function with prime responsibility for the following:
- Active collaboration in helping sell more technology, solutions & systems.
- Work with the senior management & technical team to develop and document the product strategy
- Management of existing and future product portfolio via structured adoption of PLM from product requirements through to commercial release and beyond to product retirement.
- Ensure that product portfolio is adequately defined and maintained within SAP Variant Configurator.
- Support the wider organisation in all Product Management matters relating to the technology.
- Support departmental "Hull Speed" initiative to increase innovation and reduce time to market
- Continuous improvement (Product Reliability & Quality, Regulatory Compliance, H&S, etc)
- Work together with other PLM members, as appropriate, to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication from the NPI teams to the sales and marketing teams ensuring product releases and updates are effective and timely
- Establishing, implementing and administrating pricing policies. Maintain product pricing within SAP.
- Promote potential improvements to established designs.
- Development of sales tools, arguments and competitive product analysis. Develop counter arguments to competitor's sales arguments and marketing material and become an expert with respect to the competition.
- Product oversight and steerage leading to improved product technical documentation (Manuals, Labels, DoC's, etc)
- Timely investigation, analysis, resolution and documentation of internal and external reported issues that specifically relate to product management issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an electronics / electrical or science related discipline.
- Post graduate commercial, marketing and / or general management education and experience
- Proven technical management / leadership experience in an electronics development orientated organisation
- Proven experience working through the PLM lifecycle delivering physical products to market
- A record of successful delivery of commercial solutions as an individual, team leader and / or Product Manager
- Posses a wide range of process knowledge and experience gained within an electronics production environment
- Experienced in Product Management or similar technical / commercial role with the ability to demonstrate success in defining and launching market leading products
- Good understanding of the firmware / hardware development lifecycle and a basic understanding of digital and analogue design principles
- Proven analytical skills
- Proven multi-disciplined problem solving and decision making with good team working.
- Experience working within a technically challenging, fast paced environment with proven ability to apply sound judgement in successful task planning and execution
To apply for the New Product Manager vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.