£500 - 560 per day
about 1 month ago
Title: Network Management System Design Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Farnborough – must be onsite
Rate: £500- £560 per day depending upon experience- Inside IR35
A Network Management System Design Engineer is required to work on 12 month contract basis on-site in Farnborough for a leading defence technology client. Must have SC Clearance
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Build and Deploy a new user facing Network Management System including monitoring of bespoke software/system components.
• Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
• Build Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
• Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides according to engineering processes.
• Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
• Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
• Visit data centres & sites (inc. Scotland).
• Support junior members of the team with the technical queries.
• Work with operations and engineering team to optimize deployments into in service systems.
• Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes according to engineering processes.
Skills, experience and qualifications (required)
• Experience of deploying, configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as Solarwinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc. including using Simple Network Monitoring Protocol (SNMP).
• Good TCP/IP networking experience and understanding of enterprise equipment (including LB, VPN, Firewalls, etc)
• The aptitude to work autonomously, or to lead a small team.
• The ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
• VMware experience, within a large-scale environment, with a high standard of vSphere knowledge
• SAN storage arrays (ideally at least one of Pure, Dell EMC or Dell EqualLogic)
• High level of written and spoken English
• High standard of documentation
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Network Management System Design Engineer role please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.