almost 2 years ago
Job Details: Network LAN IT Analyst
Location: Peterborough (or other locations)
Contract length: 12 months
- A leading off-highway organisation based in Peterborough are looking for an IT Analyst, focusing on LAN networks, to join the European network team.
- This position can be based in a variety of locations, either Peterborough, the West Midlands, or County Durham, and is for an IT Analyst / Design/Implementation and Support Engineer.
- Primarily providing remote network support services to facilities in Europe, Asia and the Middle East (EAME) and globally when required. The position will report to the EAME Network Services Supervisor, based in the UK.
- The job will involve developing Local Area Network designs, building the configurations following organisation standards and then deploying those designs.
- Providing adhoc remote support for network related incidents as and when required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent as well as at least 3 years' experience of Cisco network technologies.
- Cisco CCNA qualification is required and any CISCO qualification above will be a significant plus.
- Some travel will be expected as part of the role including implementations in other countries within the region, relevant expenses will be covered as required and a valid UK driving License is required.
- English is the required language but working with the regional team involves many countries, so a second language is an advantage.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to work independently and as part of a regional or global team, on assigned projects ensuring that company standards are adhered to and must show strong collaboration skills with remote team members based around the globe.
- The successful candidate will also have some knowledge of project management methodologies and be able to manage small network related projects as well as actively participate as a member of larger project teams.
In addition to the general outline above demonstrable skills in the following areas will be needed:
- Cisco familiarity including: IOS upgrade, WLC controller configuration
- Cisco Router and Switch configuration.
- Familiarity with firewall designs
- Understanding of related technologies (DNS, DHCP etc.)
- Fault finding skills
- Good documentation skills
- Basic Knowledge of a Ticketing software (Remedy/Peregrine).
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Putty, and other Network tools.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.