- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 01 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61264
Role- EN4179 Level 2 OR Level 3 Ultrasonic Testing qualified NDT Technician
Location- Crewkerne, Somerset
Duration- 10 month contract
Rate- Competitive and negotiable depending on Level 2 or 3 qualified, inside IR35
Hours- 37 per week
Our client is looking for a Non-destructive (NDT) Technician with a Level 2 or 3 in Ultrasonic Testing (UT) to perform testing of composite assemblies and products to ensure they fully meet the customer acceptance criteria and have been produced in line with relevant specifications.
We are looking for candidates with experience in composites.
Your daily duties and responsibilities as an NDT Technician will be as followed:
- Development of Ultrasonic testing techniques
- Raise inspection and non-conformance reports
- Maintain test records and analysis results to ensure traceability requirement and to demonstrate proficiency
- Ensure that the test equipment and procedures are always used within the agreed safety procedures and guidelines
- Support all Materials Laboratory functions, promote and develop a culture of continuous improvement within the team
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
- Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix and linked to the relevant job level
Experience and Knowledge/Skills required for the role:
- Current certification to EN4179 Level 2 or Level 3 in UT (Ultrasonic Testing)
- Scientific Background preferred
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong practical skills with a high level of manual dexterity
- Good concentration levels, attention to detail and methodical approach
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and accurately keep records
You will be working with sensitive data and as such you should be willing to undergo BPSS (Baseline) & Disclosure Barring Service Checks before being able to commence the contract.
This client will only accept workers operating via an Umbrella or PAYE engagement model.
To process an application and discuss further, please contact Jade Whitmore on 01384 446133 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.