Hourly rate negotiable
6 months ago
Job title: Navigation Systems Engineer - SC CLEARANCE REQUIRED - 6 Month Contract
Salary Range: Negotiable
Location: Remote Working
A Navigation Systems Engineer is required for a well-established Defence Technology client. Candidates with experience working with Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) receivers, will be desirable.
Due to company growth our client, requires a Navigation Systems Engineer for their team. The team provides clients with consultancy support, research and development services and security capabilities for the next generation of navigation systems, in particular Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS).
This will be a 6 month contract to begin with and will be working remotely.
As a Navigation Systems Engineer you will be required to:
- Play a significant role in the design and implementation of navigation systems, including satellite navigation receivers.
- Capture and analysis of customer requirements, interpreting these to define clear road maps
- System design, development and testing of GNSS products
- Working across a broad spread of technical, project and security domains with the ability to work at both the 'big picture' and technical detail levels
- Develop innovative and cutting edge solutions
- Engaging with other technical experts and incorporate their input into broader technical solutions
- Apply knowledge of navigation system specifications, navigation signal processing, multi-sensor navigation, robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof), real time kinematic satellite navigation and GNSS Security
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Broad experience across Navigational systems including GNSS products
- Strong system design experience
- Degree in Science, Engineering or Maths subject
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Strong risk awareness and quality conscious
- Knowledge of the following are desirable; navigation system specifications, navigation signal processing, multi-sensor navigation, robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof), real time kinematic satellite navigation and GNSS Security
- Able to follow processes and procedures
This is an excellent opportunity for a Navigation Systems Engineer with GNSS experience to work for a highly recognised defence technology client on an excellent project.
- Hourly rate negotiable (competitive)
- Remote Working
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Navigation Systems Engineer role please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.