£40k - 44k per year + Bonus, Car
National Account Manager
DIY and Online
A UK leading manufacturer and distributor of wooden garden products are currently seeking an experienced National Account Manager to oversee their DIY and Online teams and national accounts.
The DIY and Online team are currently responsible for variety of high profile accounts. The new NAM will take responsibility for existing accounts.
There is a strong emphasis on sales of the garden buildings portfolio across the accounts though some will also have significant core fencing and landscaping product sales ranges.
With an ever increasing share of business being conducted via internet sales through our customer’s own e-tailing sites, the NAM needs to be conversant with e-tail processes and the consequent opportunities and issues.
The NAM team is based from our clients head office at Worcestershire and internal team and stakeholder management and supply chain management can be as important as the selling side to long term success. Therefore, the successful candidate needs to be within commutable distance of the office.
With continuing success the focus rests on a co-ordinated sales and marketing effort featuring major annual new product introductions, strong support from quality marketing collateral (on and offline) and promotions and effectively leveraging the level of control the business enjoys through its distribution arm. The sales team have also worked hard to differentiate product offers between major competitive accounts to reduce friction.
The NAM must be able to show evidence of their understanding of these key sales and marketing ‘levers’ and of success in using them to develop business in a B2C sector context. This could be in an existing NAM role or in Key Account activity at a more junior level which clearly demonstrates the candidate’s readiness to move up at this stage in their career. Whilst DIY/Garden/Merchant sector account management experience will be particularly valued, relevant experience in other recognised B2C sectors/channels will be considered.
- To develop a Business Plan for each key customer (Multiple), encompassing product, promotion, price and distribution strategies, and to deliver against this plan
- To take ownership of each sales account budget for each financial year, implementing trading plans (targeted customer developments, specific product introductions, planned promotional activity etc.)
To deliver against this budget as a minimum
- To develop solid trading relationships with the key influencers / decision makers within each sales account
- To provide regular updates on account activity to the Group business and ensure Customer Services are kept informed of trading changes to ensure the accounts are well administered
- To recognise and adapt to the changing way consumers purchase our products. (Such as multi-channel / online). To be well versed in the skills and techniques required to meet these changes, both internally and at the retailer.
- To manage each account within agreed cost budgets (e.g. display / discounts etc.)
- To take on additional responsibilities in support of overall Group strategic objectives as and when required
- To adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures as laid out in the Company handbook.
- Creates good first impression and inspires confidence and commitment in others
- Builds relationships quickly, and is able to enhance relationships both internally and externally
- Able to deal with people calmly and rationally. Able to take a positive approach to difficult situations without getting flustered
- Works well under pressure, and able to meet tight deadlines without a deterioration in quality of work
- Possesses a strong ‘can do’ approach, with excellent team working and communication skills
- Is dissatisfied with average performance and consistently seeks to improve this, both for self and others.
- Has strong analytical skills, and an ability to get the best out of colleagues through a strong leadership style.
This role is in high demand and CVs will be shortlisted, should you wish to apply to this vacancy please click the application tab or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.