£45,000 + Company Car
National Account Manager - DIY Retailers & Online - National Travel
£45,000 + CAR
Ideally in commuting distance of the group head office in Worcestershire.
We are looking for a National Account Manager to join the DIY and Online team are currently responsible for variety of accounts including: Homebase, Wayfair, Shop Direct, Costco and Argos and a number of Internet pureplays. The new NAM will take responsibility for existing accounts.
The NAM must be able to show evidence of their understanding of these key sales and marketing 'levers' and of success in using them to develop business in a B2C sector context. This could be in an existing NAM role or in Key Account activity at a more junior level which clearly demonstrates the candidate's readiness to move up at this stage in their career. Whilst DIY/Garden/Merchant sector account management experience will be particularly valued, relevant experience in other recognised B2C sectors/channels will be considered.T
National Account Manager Accountabilities
- To develop a Business Plan for each key customer (Multiple), encompassing product, promotion, price and distribution strategies, and to deliver against this plan
- To take ownership of each sales account budget for each financial year, implementing trading plans (targeted customer developments, specific product introductions, planned promotional activity etc.)
- To deliver against this budget as a minimum
- To develop solid trading relationships with the key influencers / decision makers within each sales account
- To provide regular updates on account activity
- To recognise and adapt to the changing way consumers purchase our products. (Such as multi-channel / online). To be well versed in the skills and techniques required to meet these changes, both internally and at the retailer.
- To manage each account within agreed cost budgets (e.g. display / discounts etc.)
- To take on additional responsibilities in support of overall Group strategic objectives as and when required
- To adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures as laid out in the Company handbook.
National Account Manager Competencies
- DIY/Garden/Merchant sector account management experience will be particularly valued
- Creates good first impression and inspires confidence and commitment in others
- Builds relationships quickly, and is able to enhance relationships both internally and externally
- Works well under pressure, and able to meet tight deadlines without a deterioration in quality of work
- Possesses a strong 'can do' approach, with excellent team working and communication skills
- Is dissatisfied with average performance and consistently seeks to improve this, both for self and others.
- Has strong analytical skills, and an ability to get the best out of colleagues through a strong leadership style.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are interested in the National Account Manager opportunity please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Oliver Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446104 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.