- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Kulbir Samra
- Contact Email: Kulbir.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: .
- Expiry Date: 20 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61754
Role: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £41,000 (all dependant on experience)
Hours: 6am - 2pm (6am - 11am Friday) 2pm - 10pm (11am - 4pm on Friday)
- We manufacture in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries and are member of the FTSE 250 Index.
- Turnover £75m, headcount c900 employees, 8 countries (USA, Mexico, Italy, Luxemburg, UK, China, Korea, Japan), 9 locations (including 3 shared sites).
Our Stourport site:
- Turnover - circa £20m; headcount - circa 320 employees
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
- The Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer role is a demanding and extremely varied role, which will require you to install, repair and service many different types of machinery on site.
- The preferred candidate will be a qualified industrial electrician capable of working with machines and factory lighting systems and have good mechanical engineering skills being able to help overhaul and maintain machinery.
- This role will have a valuable impact on our core operational targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and service all machinery; including mechanical and electrical aspects.
- Install and commission equipment and machinery electrically, pneumatically and mechanically
- Troubleshoot faults with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems in a wide variety of situations
- Sourcing and re-working of parts for compaction presses, centreless grinders, surface grinders, kilns, compressors, ball mills etc.
- Troubleshoot faults with control gear and PLC systems
- Monitor and execute PPM of numerous machines and plant such as compaction presses, centreless grinders, surface grinders, kilns, compressors, ball mills etc..
- Carrying out other property / facilities / maintenance duties as required; including monitoring, setting and maintenance of the heating, water and lighting systems
- General building maintenance (changing light bulbs, emergency light testing, etc..)
- Troubleshoot basic IT problems such as loss of connectivity
- Monitor and execute Planned Preventative Maintenance on various systems within the building.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Mechanical maintenance experience and electrical qualifications to 18 th edition are essential
- C&G 236 Level 3 or equivalent
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Comfortable working at height, Cherry Picker Licence an advantage
- This is a hands on job requiring engineering skill levels to technician level or similar/higher
- Previous experience in an electrical maintenance role
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic control systems is preferred
- Conversant with control gear and PLC systems is preferred (especially Mitsubishi and Siemens)
- Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Applicants with a background in production machinery preferred
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.