Job Title: Wickman Multi-Spindle Setter/Operator
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Wickman Multi Spindle Setter/Operator to work for our client at their busy site in Coleshill. They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their busy engineering team, and looking for someone with experience of Wickman machinery.
- To ensure the smooth running of the Wickman multi-spindle lathes for the production of components to drawing.
- To change over a range of Wickman Multi Spindle machines unsupervised by working with the aid of layouts.
- This will include changing collets, feeders, steady bushes, speed and feed gears and altering strokes both cross slide and aux/main turret.
- Depending on the job to be changed over it may incorporate setting a range of attachments including tapping, longitudinal, recessing and thread milling.
- It may also include removing and installing the tapping clutches to different positions, changing drum cams when required etc.
- Setting to include knurling, roll marking, Tre-pan & Standard cross slide tooling.
- To act as the designated responsible person on site when as and when required.
- Work to production schedules/plans, ensure output is in line with planned production and that service and in-process inspection requirements are met.
- Monitor component quality through periodic checking, using the correct gauges, measuring or inspection equipment for the job and carry out in-process inspection as per the drawing requirements.
- Carryout full and part change-overs and set multi-spindle autos to ensure components are produced and pass first-off quality requirements
- Obtain tooling as per layout requirements.
- Report any tooling issues both during production and when tooling is put away.
- Ensure cycle times are correct and adhered to at all times with a view to cycle time reduction and optimisation
- Ensure correct identification, labelling and recording of parts produced in order that they meet third party and internal identification requirements.
- Maintaining appropriate production records and documentation
- Ensure machine lubricants and soluble oil is maintained to the correct levels and conduct daily/weekly safety checks and lubrication checks on machines including interlocks/emergency stops and report any issues to the supervisor/manager.
- Ensure maximum machine utilisation by ordering/location raw material from stores well in advance reporting any shortages to the team leader/manager.
- Ensure that you comply with all aspects of health and safety and adhere to the Company Health & Safety Policy and safe working practices
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.