Job Title: Welder
Salary: £13.44 p/h
We are currently recruiting for a multi skilled welder to carry out TIG, MIG and possibly SUB-ARC welding processes to a high standard at our clients site in Yate. The suitable candidate will have time served experience in these processes and have coding's in both TIG and MIG.
- Have good communication skills.
- Capable (and competent) of achieving welder qualification (coding's) in both of the key
welding processes TIG and MIG.
- Must be able to follow approved weld procedure specification parameters (WPS's).
- Highlighting manufacturing problems to supervision.
- Work well as part of a multi skilled team.
- Good and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Competent in interpretation of engineering drawings
- Offer support to others with less experience / competency.
- Able to undertake complex welds working in position in both pipe and plate.
- Have a good work ethic.
- Have the ability to self-inspect finish welds to ensure a minimum repair rate is achieved.
- Deliver an acceptable work rate with reliable and consistent high-quality results.
- Must be able to weld to radiographic standard.
- Ability and willingness to work safely. (To protect themselves and those around them).
- Work closely with team to achieve the product in the agreed timescale.
- Have the ability to weld structural grade material, while achieving a high degree of
- Be capable of welding lighter grade materials for architectural applications also
achieving high quality finish with minimal distortion.
Context: This is a shop floor based role
Other Skills/Experience and Qualifications:
- Time Served Apprentice in Welding (this would be advantageous but not essential).
- Previous experience welding stainless steel and other exotic alloys to high standards. (desired
/ not essential)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar industry (desired / not essential)
- Views deadlines as being set and not flexible.
- Good time management skills.
- Flexibility of working hours will be required during busy periods.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.