Position: Multi Skilled Technician
Salary: up to £27,000 p/a
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance and other site activities as necessary to meet contractual and legal obligations.
- This role will be required to take part in the site working pattern.
- An ideal candidate would be located in North Yorkshire or happy to relocate to within 30 mins travel to site, for possible on call engineer duties.
- Ensure that operation and maintenance of all site plant and building systems including - chillers, AHUs, standby generators and UPS systems, pumps, lighting, fire protection systems, electrical systems, Building Management System alarms etc are carried out.
- Respond to and effect emergency repairs as needed to meet and exceed expectations to agreed service level agreements.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of staff and clients staff.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required.
- Diagnosis and repair of faults to systems and plant including replacement of failed units.
- Operation and interpretation of site Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Minor installation activities, including electrical, new plant and systems.
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) in line with contractual obligations including downloading of results.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- Undertake any other duties over and above those listed within reason, as directed by your line manager.
What we are Looking for:
- The ability to obtain and maintain DV clearance
- Proven experience in a building maintenance environment
- City & Guilds 2382 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Course
- City & Guilds 2377 Certificate in Portable Appliance Testing or equivalent experience
- HVAC qualification
- A full driving licence
- Experience of electrical testing
- Experience of diesel generators/UPS systems
- Experience of domestic hot/cold water systems
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office applications.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.