- Sector: FMCG
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Jordyn Disspain
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Duration: Ongoing
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 28 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61858
Job title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Salary range: £18.36 AM/PM, £19.86 Nights (+ Overtime)
Hours: 40-hour week - 3 shift rotation:06.00-14.00 (AM), 14.00-22.00 (PM), 22.00-06.00 (Nights)
We require a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with Electrical competency for a global brand in Worcester. You will be working as part of the maintenance team to deliver asset availability and reliability to maintain safety, quality, and production across the site, through reactive, preventative, and corrective maintenance. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large global brand and support the sites production capabilities.
As the Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, you will be required to:
- Diagnose and overcome operational problems, working with the production team to identify root cause of problems and then suggest and implement improvements to address reliability. Understand and operate production equipment and CIP procedures to provide operator cover to an absolute minimum.
- Plan, schedule and agree daily/weekly workload with the Maintenance Manager & Engineering Team Leader. Execute PPM tasks and effectively react to unscheduled maintenance requirements with appropriate corrective action.
- Takes responsibility for safe operation, fault finding and maintenance of all machinery, update the Engineering Team leader to reorder spare parts used to ensure stock levels are maintained and to control spares in an efficient manner.
- Actively looks for areas of improvement and puts forward ideas to improve PPMs, Store management, Maintenance Day activities and alternative efficient equipment/processes.
- Support the technical upskilling programme of Production Operators (changeovers, shut down and CIP procedures).
The Maintenance Engineer should have the following competencies or experiences:
- Preferable HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Multi skilled with strong mechanical knowledge and competent electrical knowledge.
- Experience of electro-mechanical plant maintenance within a food manufacturing environment. Experience of fault finding within electrical system with PLC appreciation. Experience of predictive/preventive maintenance techniques and regimes.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving.
- Knowledge of safety, health, environmental and quality systems, and procedures.
- Experience of SAP, and TIG welding, would be desirable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now if you have a background in Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance. If you have any questions about the Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer’s role, please contact Jordyn Disspain at Jonathan Lee Recruitment using Jordyn.email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.