Job title: Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician
Salary Range: Up to £25.00 per hour LTD or Umbrella
Industry: Off Highway - Diesel Engines
A Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
The Mechanical Facilities team provide mechanical maintenance support to a state-of-the-art engine test facility to ensure quality data output is maintained.
In particular the team has responsibility for manufacturing and fabricating test facility systems and rigs to assist engine development and verification.
The team is additionally responsible for commissioning the multi-million pound engine test facility, which has world-class performance, emissions and mechanical validation capabilities. Team members interact with the wider facilities team as well as other departments within GED and the Industrial Power Systems Development Engineers.
The candidate needs the knowledge, base skills and experience to be able to maintain the mechanical and electrical plant within facility to the high standard required to keep the company at the forefront of today's technology.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Multi-skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines
- Experience or qualifications for working to health and safety standards/regulations
- BS 7671:2008 IEE 17th Electrical Regulations
- BS 7671:2008 Inspection and Testing of Electrical installations (Desirable)
- Qualifications/Experience of Programmable Logic Control (Allen Bradley, RS logix5000, Siemens)
- Qualifications/Experience in fault finding of hydraulic systems
- Qualifications/Experience in Fabrication and Welding. (Desirable)
- Qualifications/Experience in Calibration of instrumentation
- Qualifications/Experience in Laser alignment of rotating equipment
- Qualifications/Experience in CAD, CREO or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret, design, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drawings.
Abilities - looking for Subject matter expert in 2 or more of these fields
Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance, Pneumatics and Hydraulics, Machining, Pipe Fitting, Inspection measurement and Calibration, Logistics or Quality Assurance.
Please contact James Tilley for details.