Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrical / Mechanical)
Salary: starting £27,632.96 progressing to £30,630.81 when triggers are met + shift premium (Afternoons 20% and Nights 27%) + benefits (Bonus, Share Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme)
Location: Desford, Leicestershire, UK
A Maintenance Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be providing maintenance support to the facility. Ideally seeking a multi skilled craftsmen, (either bias) who has experience working in an industrial / manufacturing environment.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining equipment and using a computerised maintenance system
- Responding to equipment breakdowns and completing repairs to equipment
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions on industrial/assembly equipment, machinery and building as required
- Perform preventative maintenance as per schedules
- Order replacement parts and stocks
- Adhere to the company's Health and Safety policy and safe working practices
- Undertake training/further learning as required
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Established experience as a Maintenance Technician in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Accredited apprenticeship
- Multi-skilled in both electrical & mechanical functions will be preferred
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work on your own initiative
- Work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives
- Fully flexible approach to the job role and responsibilities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures
- Good problem solving skills, necessary to get to the root cause of issues
- Willing to work a multi-shift system
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Experience in using PLC based systems would be an advantage, specifically Siemens S7.
- Experience operating Scada system
- DC/AC drives
- Experience on automated stores crane systems a major advantage.
Please get in contact with James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.