Title: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical - Multi Skilled)
Salary: £34,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work for our client based at their site in Blackburn, the role will to provided Multi Skilled engineering support to operations, with the main focus is to ensure continued operation of equipment and services.
- To provide assistance to delivery teams to ensure the design is delivered as intended. Support other junior team members with training and development.
- To take a lead role in delivering the design elements.
- Providing support and design solutions to relevant stakeholders.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ensuring equipment is always operated and maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring personal and colleagues’ work safety through the undertaking of effective risk assessments.
- Repairing equipment and troubleshooting.
- Conducting effective preventative maintenance to minimise unplanned downtime.
- Improving equipment performance through the effective use of data analysis.
- Carry out projects within agreed budget and timescales.
- Complete documentation which may include purchasing, shift reports and accurate, up-to-date drawings/manuals and procedures.
- This role would operate on a day shift but the postholder would be required to be flexible in line with business needs and provide cover on any other shift pattern with reasonable notice.
- Time served Multi Skilled apprentice Trained in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- A good background in working with PLC’s, Drives and Control Systems is required.
- A good background in Mechanical Maintenance.
- Able to work on own initiative and be a team player.
- Positive approach to work and building relationships with production.
- A quick learner with good attention to detail.
- Have a persistent but pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate a curious and analytical mind.
- UK driving license and own transport to enable shift working.
- Proficient in the use of Word and Excel.
- Qualified to NVQ3 level multi skilled, ONC, HNC.
- Machining; turning or milling experience
- Knowledge/experience of nonwoven manufacturing and technology (or related field).
- Required to access to awkward spaces/ confined spaces.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.