The post holder will be responsible for delivering excellent Materials / Manufacturing Resource Planning services as a core member of the Supply Chain team.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and document MRP processes and procedures.
- Design, configure and implement the (currently dormant) MRP functionality of companies ERP system (MS Dynamics) in conjunction with the IT team.
- Deliver comprehensive MRP process and system training to appropriate teams (e.g. designers, engineers, planners, buyers, partners, suppliers).
- Work closely with Design teams to understand their design outputs, products and Bills of Materials (BOMS).
- Work closely with Build teams to produce routings/work-orders/production plans with manufacturing instructions and process instructions.
- Work closely with Procurement team to ensure supplier lead times and other key supplier parameters within the BOMs are comprehensive and up to date.
- Work with Sales team to ensure customer demand is understood and sales forecasts are fully integrated into the MRP process.
- Develop and maintain / partner /supplier MRP schedules and work with teams to identify supply chain risks, constraints, solutions and improvement opportunities.
- Support New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Control processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant professional experience of carrying out Materials / Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) activities within a high complexity, fast moving industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
- A proven track record in implementing new MRP systems within a manufacturing environment.
- An excellent understanding of the MRP processes within ERP systems - including hands-on experience of producing and running MRP schedules (general ERP / MRP experience is required for this role, experience with MS Dynamics will be considered useful but not essential).
- Extensive experience of working with business users, supply chain teams and suppliers.
- The ability to work with and across multiple teams to deliver results.
- The ability to deliver effective MRP training in order to support the professional development of others and to build 's MRP capability.
- The ability to multi-task, work and complete tasks effectively under minimal supervision, tight time constraints, and periodic high volume circumstances.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-growing and rapidly changing work environment.
- The ability to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent cross-functional team working skills.
- Excellent persuading and influencing skills.
- Intermediate/Advanced Level of Microsoft, Excel, Word, Visual Basic.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.