MP&L Supplier Development Engineer – 38264/38265
Pay Rate: up to £29.12/hr Ltd – inside IR35 (PAYE option available)
Contract Position based at: Solihull based with supplier visits required
The MP&L Supplier Development Engineer is responsible for the strategic plan that continuously improves the Global MP&L supply chain standards, ensuring innovative supply chain solutions are adopted to drive efficiency and cost optimisation across all operations.
- Assessing supply chain feasibility on critical commodities
- Provide sourcing recommendations
- Ensure supplier adherence to supply chain standards prior to new model launch.
- Scope of work covers the global supply base for all manufacturing operations, supplier contracted third party logistics centres and build to sequence operations.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Leadership experience in multiple logistics disciplines to influence and negotiate efficiencies and continual improvement into company supply chain.
- Areas of logistics for consideration; Supply Chain Management, Launch, Operations Management, Vehicle Scheduling / Production Control, Logistics Engineering.
- Ability to analyse and break down complex, multi-dimensional problems or processes into its key elements to achieve goals in line with company Supply Chain standards
- Good understanding of lean principles within production and supply chains.
- Strong influencing & negotiation skills - ability to lead senior representatives in supplier environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important to communicate across all levels
- Ability to work in a self-disciplined and controlled manner with high levels of personal organisation and motivation
- Can demonstrate strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good understanding of lean production and supply chain principles
- Experience of system improvement with manufacturing process
- Ability to work on own initiative under pressure with high personal resilience
- Flexibility and commitment as travel may be required in the UK and potentially overseas
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.