- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Materials planning
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59169
Automotive sequenced manufacturing and delivery
Up to £35,000, 25 days holiday, pension.
This business is a very fast paced, sequenced assembly environment, the organisation supplies complete product to several of the major domestic OEMS, including Jaguar Land Rover, Bentley, and Ford. The organisation is experiencing rapid growth and you will be responsible for between 50-60 team members on the shift.
You will develop production plans for the assembly of wheels for the automotive industry. You will interpret customer requirements and issue part requirement schedules to our suppliers preparing build plans accordingly. You will maintain accurate inventory levels for all parts using computer-based stock control systems and the operation of inventory control processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that scheduled production can be achieved within the planned resource.
- Ensure that scheduled production enables timely and correct delivery of products to the customer.
- Ensuring optimised and accurate inventory levels for all suppliers.
- Ensure stock levels are readily available and accurate.
- Control of all inbound and outbound materials. Minimise the levels of stock within agreed parameters without jeopardising service levels.
- Adhere to appropriate processes and procedures.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis to update others within the organisation.
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all suppliers and customers.
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient and welcomes change.
- Engages interest and participation of others.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Is self-aware and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
- Self-Motivated and able to work under pressure
- Ability to utilise the stock control operatives to assist in any concerns that may arise
- Drive continuous improvement to reduce costs and quantitatively improve services to our customers.
- Identify process/quality improvements and manage their introduction where appropriate
Internal and External Relationships
You will be required to build & maintain constructive relationships with supplier representatives and customer purchasing logistics and quality teams.
Planning, Organising and Resources Managed
You will plan and organise production activity with an appreciation of relevant service level agreements.
Although there are no budgetary responsibilities associated with this role, you must control costs effectively and optimise the resources used.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
Essential experienced required:
- Significant relevant experience working in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of production schedules and part requirements.
- Experience in inventory management.
- In depth knowledge of Health and Safety Awareness.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Proven skill in MRP Scheduling or other planning data bases.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritise and re-prioritise work, to meet tight time scales.
- Excellent management skills, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to build relationships at all levels and motivate a team to complete tasks from start to finish.
- An ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office Packages (Inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- An excellent customer service ethic, and an aptitude for problem solving lending itself to resolving customer queries.
- Ability to control cost and work within a budget.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.