Our Client is a leading UK & Chinese owned Injection Mould Toolmaker & Moulder based in South West England working with an established portfolio of Clients within Automotive, Lighting, Medical, Caps & Closures and Building.
We are supporting them with the recruitment of a Mould Tool Designer to be based in their new UK Technical Centre in Somerset.
As a Mould Tool Designer you will have/be:
- Minimum 10 years plastic Injection Mould Tool Design experience
- Experience with UG platform
- Worked directly with Injection mould Toolroom CAD/CAM
- Familiar with modern Project Management methods
- Experience preparing Design For Manufacture (DFM) reports
- MoldFlow experience desirable
- Capable of interaction with customers
Reporting to the UK Director, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the Tool Design function from UK.
- Communicating with the China Tool Design team based in Shenzhen
- Introduce best western practices to the tool design team and ensure high quality standards.
- Overseas travel to our Chinese factory for training plus as required to International Customers.
- Design of single & multi-cavity tools.
- Assist in the cost estimation of Tooling.
- Produce 2D/3D GA’s.
- Support the China team with design concepts.
- Assist in the review of Tooling GAs when Tool manufacture is outsourced.
- Attend customer meetings in UK or overseas as required.
This role offers a competitive salary and relocation expenses within the UK. Please note that Visa Sponsorship is not offered for this role. If you are interested and want to be considered please apply now. Alternatively, please get in touch with Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee recruitment for more information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.