Mould Shop Operations Quality Manager
£45-£50,000 plus pension, 25 days holiday
A leading tier 1 supplier, specialising in the design and manufacture of parts for the Automotive industry is seeking a Mould Shop Quality Manager to co-ordinate and control quality activities within the Mould Shop. This is a highly strategic position for the continued success of the organisation. The business primarily supplies into a very prestigious automotive brand.
Key areas of responsibilities
- Knowledge of quality standards, including TS16949 / IATF 16949 and customer requirements.
- Promote a Quality Culture within the Mould Shop.
- Work closely with Mould Shop Management to drive improvements.
- To project a professional image of the company to customers and visitors.
- To use the escalation procedure for any issues/concerns e.g. quality/downtime.
- Audit processes and carry out detailed part inspection.
- Audit systems and processes for suitability and performance.
- Measure and monitor quality performance data in relation to Mould Shop Performance and report on trends and improvements.
- Actively support problem solving activities for customer issues and drive the effectiveness of 8D processes.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within plastic injection mouldings and the automotive sector.
- Tooling experience
- High level of experience in process control and process improvement within Injection Moulding
- Knowledge of quality standards including TS 16949 / IATF 16949 and customer requirements
- Ability to develop a full quality system within Mould operations
- Use of continuous improvement tools (i.e. six sigma)
- Analytical and data driven with strong attention to detail and problem solving
- Disciplined and pragmatic approach
- Good negotiation skills
This is an excellent position for the right candidate, and one that will lead to continued career progression with a global organisation. If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply.