Operations Manager (Moulding)
£Competitive plus Car Allowance, Bonus and Benefits
Automotive, Leadership, Manufacturing, Moulding, JIT, IOSH, Coaching, Delivery, IATF16949, CI
An Operations Manager is required with knowledge of moulding operations and processes with a high-volume manufacturing environment who has knowledge of team leadership/development. Candidates with experience of the automotive industry would be well received.
Due to a growth in orders and recent promotion this company, a world class automotive 1st Tier supplier based in Banbury requires a stronger leader who is forward thinking and strategically minded with knowledge of high volume production within plastics and moulded products for a new permanent role. As an Operations Manager you will be required to:
- Manage and Lead a production team in the delivery of products within time, budgetary and quality constraints for some of the UK's leading OEM's.
- Increase efficiency's and productivity while reducing waste using continuous improvement methods and tools and by leadership, development and motivation of the production teams.
- Set clear direction, goals and targets through KPI's for the business unit to ensure strategic and operational requirements are achieved covering all HSE, Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and Continuous Improvement.
- Motivate the business unit and support staff through effective training and development programs, driving forward a positive and proactive culture.
The Operations Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge of team leadership and processes within the manufacturing of plastics and moulded products (preferably automotive) having managed all quality, HSE, production, manufacturing and continuous improvement activities.
- Managed a business unit of up to 50 - 100 cross functional teams covering all costings, resource, prioritisation of work, problem resolution (using 8D, 5Y), customer relationships, improvement initiatives and contingency planning to ensure products are delivered within a JIT environment.
- Be a visionary and who can set and deliver strategic goals and objections that will improve performance, moral and delivery across all facets of the business unit.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of Operations or Manufacturing Management within a high-volume manufacturing (plastics and/or moulded) environment having proactively lead cross functional teams in the delivery of part within time, quality and budgetary related targets seeking to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Banbury-based Automotive company will offer you:
- £Competitive Salary
- Car allowance, 10% Bonus and Benefits
- Excellent career development and progression within a world class organisation.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Operations, Manufacturing or Business Unit Management within a high-volume manufacturing arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Operations Managers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email