2 months ago
Motor Drives Engineers – Engineer to Principal Level – Wiltshire - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a high-profile technology and product leader and is now seeking talented Motor Drives Engineers to join a world-leading Research and Development Centre. You will apply innovative thinking and creativity to develop the next generation of products for the global market. The successful applicants will work on the electromagnetic, or motor control design, of the next generation of advanced, high performance motors for low cost / high volume domestic / commercial applications.
As a Motor Drives - Specialist Engineer – You will be required to
- Show understanding and knowledge of both electromagnetic theory of electrical machines and motor control theory (including dynamic system simulation).
- Participate in, and depending on experience and the available role, lead, the design process of project specific single- and multi-phase electromagnetic motors and/or motor control solutions to meet requirements
- Understand the overall product concept and contribute to the design of the product through the use of expert knowledge of the latest technologies and methods in the industry
- Design and develop novel high performance, single- and multi-phase electric motor topologies and construction methods and/or motor control solutions that meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency. Exceptional applicants for lead engineer can expect to lead the team in both areas.
- Develop and use dynamic power system simulation tools in MATLAB/Simulink environment to accurately model motor and drive performance.
- Develop, test and optimise the motor and system design to meet product specific requirements, i.e. lowest cost, size and most efficient solution.
- Participate in a wide-range of research and development activities related to motor drive development.
As Motor Drives - Specialist Engineer – You will have
- In depth knowledge of electromagnetic machine design theory coupled with substantial experience in the use of 2D/3D static and transient electromagnetic FEA, preferably using Simcenter MAGNET.
- Appreciation of various motor control techniques for low and high speed, single-phase and multi-phase permanent magnet and switched reluctance motors
- In depth knowledge of system level dynamic simulation of motor drives (including electronics and software aspects of the drive), preferably using MATLAB/Simulink and its use in the development and optimisation of electromagnetic motor design and the motor controls.
- Experience in the design of permanent magnet motors, including knowledge of soft and hard magnetic materials and their use in electrical machines
- Experience in testing and verification of electric motors, primarily permanent magnet and switched reluctance types.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.