- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Paul Robson
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446117
- Expiry Date: 19 November 2021
- Job Ref: 58947
Motor Controls Liaison Engineer – Abingdon - £ Highly Competitive DOE
A Motor Controls Liaison Engineer is required for a high-technology consultancy. Based in an innovative and supportive technical environment, you will work with prestige academic and industrial clients and partners on cutting-edge automotive products from theory, to prototype towards production. You will accelerate our clients e-drive advantage through improving the efficiency, NVH and stability of motor/inverter systems.
As Motor Controls Liaison Engineer – you will be required to
- Be the subject matter expert for the topic of traction motor control theory, and act as the liaison engineer between our clients Innovation Centre and Research Centres.
- Work closely with senior University researchers to deliver agreed research projects.
- Undertake software simulations of advanced motor control theory when applied to Permanent Magnet and Induction motors.
- Target improvements to motor and inverter efficiency, optimising noise and vibration by advanced software, eg. harmonic injection, improving control stability, sensorless control etc
- Work with other technical teams developing simulations at component and vehicle level.
Motor Controls Liaison Engineer – you will have
- Expert level knowledge of motor control theory, particularly in the area of PMSM motors.
- Expert in Field Orientated Control and modulation strategies.
- Highly competent in motor simulation and able to undertake complex analysis with minimal supervision.
- Highly competent in the use of Matlab / Simulink and appropriate toolboxes.
- Good understanding of modern 3-phase inverters using IGBT and SiC Power Electronic Technology.
- Good understanding of typical passenger car electric drive architectures would be beneficial.
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects.
- The opportunity to influence some of the most ground-breaking research in the automotive arena today.
Suitably qualified and experienced Motor Controls Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.