- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 29 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59696
Title: Module Leader - Brake Design - 37452
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon / UK Plants
Rate: - up to £30.17/hour Ltd (c£23.27/hour PAYE option)
Module Leader required to represent the Brake Design Group within a Project Team on a major new vehicle programme. The role of Brakes Module Leader reports to a Brakes Group Leader and is responsible for one or more vehicle programmes. This role will give the successful applicant a wide ranging exposure within JLR to Senior Management and offers good career development opportunities. Specifically the candidate will:
- Facilitate the agreement of system specifications, ensuring compatibility with & leveraging support from the Brakes Design teams.
- Manage commercial target generation to support agreed specifications, creating and submitting required documentation on component piece costs, vendor tooling and Design and Development costs.
- Create and maintain Module initial "Bill of Material" for Brakes system (BOM) during programme delivery.
- Create and operate effective cross functional Module meetings, building effective relationships with team members across the business.
- Coordinate and influence the cross-functional team to deliver to agreed targets, without direct responsibility for the team members.
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong communication required at multiple levels from operational Manufacturing environment to Senior Management reviews.
- Be the primary interface to the Programme and Chassis Programme Leaders for the nominated programmes.
- Manage seconded team members to achieve agreed deliverables and gateway requirements, tracking and reporting on progress to Brakes Management team and Project teams as required.
- Capture issues and track progress, reporting these to the Brakes Engineering Management & Programme management
- Lead issue resolution and potentially task forces; guide the team through a process to an agreed conclusion
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Owns and controls all cascaded targets (technical and business related) relevant to the Team, via the target setting process and delivers these on time and to target.
- Is responsible for the coordination and delivery of all the module systems, subsystems and components, meeting all agreed targets.
- Carries out the processes required to support project gateway activities to ensure robust delivery of the vehicle programme.
- Escalates key delivery issues in a timely way allowing corrective intervention to progress.
- Ensures effective communication exists across all functions via full team participation.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Self-motivated and possessing strong leadership, communication, presentation, negotiation, IT and technical project management skills to enable the candidate to lead the module team members in the delivery of programme key metrics/targets
- Experience of presenting technical status and communicating confidently at all levels within the business and the supply base.
- A deep understanding of the engineering of complex mechanical, hydraulic and electrical automotive systems with a minimum of 3 years involved in the engineering of vehicle Chassis systems - ideally Brakes.
- Experience of Automotive new model activities - concept to launch environment, preferably in the role of Project Leader or Commodity / System Leader or similar.
- Experience of working to a formal product development management system and using online systems for the management of component and system validation and results reporting.
- Successful delivery of Brakes engineering module for an automotive OEM
- Considerable experience in an automotive engineering or development environment
- Experience of cost down project delivery
Educated to Degree level, or equivalent, in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or a related discipline.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.