Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £42000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Job title: Principal Module Process Development Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
This role will be responsible power device packaging development, Conduct packaging structure design as well as analysis and calculation, define technical specifications for subunit, and manage deliverable results/reports.
- Responsible for power module development base on IGBT ,SiC as well as other power device,
- Responsible for power module design, including 3D/2D drawing for assemblies and parts as well as the analysis and calculation during development.
- Participate in parameter extraction of power modules, EMC/EMI research and packaging structure optimization design.
- Participate in the research of IGBT power module characteristics and datasheet preparation
- Continuously capture the power device packaging technology
- Participate in the company's cutting-edge product technology research, patent excavation and application
- Participate in productizing power device packaging technology following company product development
- Responsible for requirement input of design, analysis, simulation, testing,define technical specifications ,reports and other documentation
- Responsible for DEFMEA of power modules, formulate related documents according to APQP process
- Follow-up, modification and acceptance of mould making
- Define the specification and test standard of structural material
- Structural sample testing, small batch trial production follow up and assessment
- Responsible for drawing filing
Core Skills and Education
- A degree in Electronic engineering, microelectronics, physics, materials and other related subjects;
- At least 3 years of experience in R&D of power device packaging.
- Solid background in electronic packaging technology, microelectronics and solid-state electronics, semiconductor physics, and materials science.
- Familiar with packaging structure of power device, and packaging process;
- Familiar with various common packaging materials;
- Experience using 3D modelling software such as Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- Familiar with the basic processing technology of plastic and hardware
- Understand power module failure analysis;
- Familiar with automotive APQP documentation (DFMEA, special feature list, etc.) is preferred
If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please send your CV . or call Tim Parkes on 01384 446145 now.