Model Maker - Bedford - Permanent - £25-£32k DOE & benefits
I am seeking a Model Maker for an independent research and development organisation who are experienced in providing a range of specialist services to the worldwide aerospace industry including aerodynamic design, CFD, wind tunnel model design and wind tunnel test.
The Model Maker will work as part of a determined and professional team, fitting and assembling wind tunnel components on a range of aircraft models which are assembled together and tested within the onsite wind tunnel.
What You Will Do:
- Carry out all aspects of fitting activity; hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components and assembling models
- Monitor the serviceability of Fitting Section machines, equipment and tooling
- Ensure a safe and timely handover of the work in progress to the incoming shift and Teamleader ensuring that adequate notes and technical advice are available
- Make recommendations for process improvement in Fitting techniques
- Undertake additional metal model making as requested
What You Will Need:
- A time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a metal model maker.
- Solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining
- Experienced in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential
What You Will Get:
As Model Maker
- Employment with this centre of excellence in aerospace engineering, design, test and development
- Competitive salary & benefits & overtime & shift premium
- Working on many prestigious projects for the world's major civil aircraft and defence system manufacturers
Suitably qualified and experienced Model makers should apply today by either calling Jeff Lane on +44 (0)1384 446108 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.