Job Title: Model Creation Technical Supervisor
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
A Model Creation Technical Supervisor is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire, on a contract basis.
This role works as part of the Digital Assets Operations team to ensure the Master Model data is fully representative of respective products and fully compliant with technical standards. Primary focus is on validation of business inputs for use in model construction and assessment of finished models with respect to Digital Assets technical standards.
Key features of the role include data validation (CAD, coding, modelling, specification, imagery), quality control, CGI model build process development, metric tracking, data management and change management.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work directly with Digital Assets Programme Planner and Data Extraction Specialist in the Operations team in order to deliver Master Model data according to Digital Assets Production Process
- Liaising with Design / Marketing / Engineering / Product Information / Programme in order to ensure model inputs are aligned and approved
- Champion Digital Assets technical standards and act as primary point of reference in this regard
- Perform Digital Asset quality assessment at all key milestones in the Digital Asset Production Process, providing clear, metric-driven output so that model quality can be measured
- Facilitate the required business interactions and production team behaviour to achieve a quality output (right first time)
- Lead further development of Master Model technical standards
- Collaborate with Digital Assets Development team to enable Master Model data to be utilised for CGI applications and use cases
- Manage structure of Digital Assets data drive ensuring data is ordered / up-revision / archived as appropriate
- Undertake any other work as directed by the Digital Assets manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Expert in CGI data preparation and modelling softwares (Autodesk Maya) and processes
- Expert in data / file management, structuring and configuration
- Knowledge of CGI coding languages (Python, C++, UE4)
- Experience in working to defined processes and technical standards (pipeline)
- Knowledge of MS Office - Excel in particular
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience using Deltagen for data preparation and modelling
- Experience in developing data model production processes
- Expert knowledge of CGI coding languages (Python, C++, UE4)
- Previous experience working with outsourced resource and managing supplier personnel
- Previous experience working with / for Automotive OEMs
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.