Title: Software Engineer
Salary Range: £29.10 - £31.33
Contract Position based at: Gaydon & Whitley
System Modelling engineer to support introduction of best practices for Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML (IBM Rhapsody based) across the engineering lifecycle.
3 KEY SKILLS
Expert knowledge in the use of SysML for System Modelling across a full engineering lifecycle.
Knowledge of best practices for Requirements Management in an Engineering context.
Project management experience.
5+ years' experience working as a Systems Engineer in an engineering company (Aerospace, Defence, Automotive or equivalent). Technical degree.
Systems Engineering INCOSE qualification or experience working in a role as a Systems Architect or Systems Engineer in Product Development.
- Develop and support introduction of best practices for Model Based Systems modelling across the engineering lifecycle including development of the underlying information model.
- Develop a consistent set of methodologies for the use of SysML (IBM RHAPSODY) for Systems modelling that encourages the re-use of the models created.
- Define the integrations of SysML (IBM RHAPSODY) within the Engineering workflow (IBM RTC/RQM/DM) and with Requirements Management (DOORS/ DNG).
- Develop alongside the IBM RHAPSODY specialists a set of design guidelines, templates & user profiles to best practice methods including all necessary technical documentation and user guides.
- Support the continuous improvement of PMTI methods by working closely with stakeholders, including IT and software suppliers in the context of the full Product Lifecycle (PLM) process at JLR.
- Provide leadership to deliver to operational and project requirements.
Locations: Gaydon and Whitley.