We are currently recruiting a Government Controls and Compliance Manager on behalf of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. They design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. They are also a supplier to international space programs.
The Government Controls and Compliance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of UK and US Government compliance. We are looking for a candidate who has clear knowledge and experience with UK and US compliance.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Management of day to day UK MOD/USG compliance requirements, with a focus on finance and supply chain activities, including the development, improvement and documentation of sustainable processes therein
- Training and development of key supply chain and finance team members to raise awareness of government compliance requirements
- Critical review of supporting documentation relating to customer proposals with respect to government compliance requirements (for example TINA representations, vendor qualifications, sweep certifications)
- Annual review/submission of QMAC to UK MOD
- Development/maintenance of government compliant charge out rates, including assessment of non-allowable costs
- Implementation and execution of labour floor check procedures for the Wolverhampton site
- Support for internal and external audits by stakeholders
- Subject matter expert on CAS, FAR/DFAR, DCAA/DCMA audits, TINA, government compliance
- Application of knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and supplements, e.g., DFARS
- Awareness of regulatory changes to support compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company practices
- Provide inputs to the Purchasing Manual, including implementing changes to documentation, policies, procedures and standard work
- Performance of Cost and/or Price Analysis where required by company policy and regulation
- Critical reviews of Contracts/Purchase Orders to ensure the award is compliant to regulation and company policy and contains sufficient supporting documentation
- Post Award reviews of Orders on a periodic basis
- Accountant, qualified with a recognised international body
- 7+ years of government accounting experience, preferably in an Aerospace/manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, DEAR, CAS, ITAR and EAR regulations as well as an understanding of supplier administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management, price/cost analysis and/or production control principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Sound reasoning skills and ability to work with broad base of technical, operations, finance and sr. leadership.
- Flexible, self-starter; works under pressure to meet tight timelines, manage priorities (multitask) and possess ability to drive changes promoting productivity and efficiency.
- Knowledge of SAP system with experience in data mining.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to explain complex regulations clearly and concisely to all levels of Leadership
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills as well as business writing and communication skills.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.