Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Mobile Engineer
Location: North East
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Engineer to work across the North East for our client, the role will responsible for delivering a first class Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) repair and maintenance service for plant and equipment across specified sites.
- Be responsible for your own safety and that of other personnel on site.
- Work as part of the team for the scheduling, maintenance and repair of the on-site HME fleet, to ensure customer contractual and business requirements are consistently delivered and exceeded.
- Key responsibilities will include providing regular updates on maintenance activity to the Service Controller to ensure the Fleet Reporting System is accurate and current.
- Ensure that all sites are updated on job progress.
- Supporting the SHEQ team in conducting risk assessments and implementation of (localised) SHEQ policies and procedures.
- The inspection activities as part of internal and external audits and implement recommendations for corrective actions.
- Significant experience with heavy plant and equipment engineering in the quarrying and aggregates, or allied, industry. Ideally, as a time served plant engineer in both the workshop and field.
- Experience and an understanding of condition monitoring principles as they affect the owning and operating costs of equipment.
- Time served HME mechanic, ideally in a quarrying/mining application
- Recognised automotive, construction plant or engineering technical qualification, as a time served engineer in both the workshop and field.
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification or professional experience.
- Quarry Safety Passport or an equivalent health and safety qualification is desirable
- Full Driving Licence
- LGV Licence is desirable
- Ability to travel nationally frequently and internationally on occasion if required.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.