about 1 year ago
A Mixed Signal Hardware Engineer is required to join the electronics design team within a market leading, innovative engineering solutions company that specialise in safety critical and high technology environments. The Radar & Antenna Hardware Engineer will have technical expertise in the design of digital systems and subsystems in Military, Defence, Aerospace or high integrity communication electronics.
Mixed Signal Hardware Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Support customer design team involved in RF design and development exciters and converter modules, radar and antenna hardware.
- Support to manufacture.
- Support to development tests, calibration and validation.
- Technical assessment of system/ sub-systems.
Technical Skills and Experience required for Mixed Signal Hardware Engineer
- Experience of Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs.
- Proven experience of Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics DX Designer or similar tools
- Familiar with current industry standard CAD tools.
- Knowledge of AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Matlab and CST Microwave Studio.
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience of solving problems in a design and development context.
A preference will be given to candidates that have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience of designs utilising DDS, ADC, DAC or other Low Noise Mixed Signal devices
- Experience of high speed serial communication protocols and architectures
- Previous experience of working with Superheterodyne Receivers or Radar systems and Antenna.
This is an excellent opportunity an electronics specialist to develop your career and work in a highly technical environment. In return for your experience, this Edinburgh based company will offer you:
- Cutting edge technical projects.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role and therefore only applications from candidates able to obtain this will be considered
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Mixed Signal Hardware Engineer, please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.